Linkin Park is no doubt a band that has been on most of our playlists at some point in time. For many of us, they were the bridging band that helped lead us deeper into the abyss of metal, alternative and rock music. In celebration of such a magnificent band, here are 10 interesting facts you probably don’t know about Linkin Park.
1. Linkin Park was the third name utilized by the band. The band was initially known as Xero, then Hybrid Theory, and finally Lincoln Park which subsequently became “Linkin Park”.
2. Chester Bennington was not the first vocalist of the band. The band initially had a vocalist named Mark Wakefield. Wakefield left the band when they initially failed to get a record deal. I bet Mark feels pretty silly round about now!
3. “Phoenix” A.K.A Dave Farrell is the original bassist of the band, although he did leave the band for some time after the departure of Wakefield.
4. Linkin Park was the first rock band to achieve more than 1 million Youtube hits.
5. At the time of Chester and his ex-wife’s wedding, they were too poor to afford rings, so instead got matching tattoos on their ring fingers.
6. “My December” was covered by Josh Groban.
7. The band has released 5 studio albums, 2 live albums and 21 EPs.
8. Chester is currently doing vocals on the upcoming Stone Temple Pilots album.
9. Linkin Park have been nominated for 169 different awards, and have won 59 of these.
10. Mike is apparently terrified of British media.
And now it’s time to check their Live out on iConcerts (find video below). Enjoy !